In order to support patients to take responsibility for their medication and to reduce the amount of wasted medical we would like all patients, or their carers, to order their repeat medical directly from the surgery and not via a pharmacy.
Your or your carer can order medication directly from the surgery in any of the following ways:-
- On-line via Patient Access which includes an easy APP for smartphones and tablets. You will need to register to use the on-line service and will be issued with a pin code. Registration forms are available at the reception desk.
- In person by ticking and returning the B side of your prescription and handing it in at reception or posting it in our prescription box - when prescriptions become electronic on 10th November 2015 your pharmacy will issue you with a form called a 'token' to use for ordering medication.
- By post by ticking and returning the B side of your prescription - when prescriptions become electronic on 10th November 2015 your pharmacy will issue you with a form called a 'token' to use for ordering medication. We accept stamped addressed envelopes if you would like us to return the prescription to you in the post rather than sending it electronically to your pharmacy.
- By telephone by choosing option 3 between the hours of 09:30 - 12.00 Monday to Friday.
- From January 2016 - the prescription line opening hours will be extended to also open from 4.00pm - 6.30pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
We have an in-house pharmacy - Shevington Community Pharmacy which is open from 07:00 - 22:00 Monday to Saturday and from 10:00 - 20:00 on Sunday. Telephone: 01257 252753.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.