To enable the practice to comply with the requirements of the Armed Forces Covenant and ensure high quality responsive services for currently serving members of the armed forces, veterans, reservists and their families we are trying to identify all our patients who are part of the Armed Forces Community. The Armed Forces Community includes:
- Regular personnel currently serving as members of the Naval service (including the Royal Navy and Royal Marines), Army or Royal Air Force.
- Reservists Volunteer Reservists, who form the Royal Naval Reserve, Royal Marine Reserve, Territorial Army and the Royal Auxiliary Air Force, and Regular Reservists, who comprise the Royal Fleet Reserve, Army Reserve and Royal Air Force Reserve
- Veterans those who have served for at least a day in HM Armed Forces, whether as a Regular or Reservist.
- Families of Regular Personnel, Reservists and Veterans the immediate family of those in the categories listed above. This is defined as spouses, civil partners, and children for whom they are responsible, but can where appropriate extend to parents, unmarried partners and other family members.
- Bereaved the immediate family of Service Personnel and veterans who have died, whether or not that death has any connection with Service.
Please let your nurse, GP or the reception team know if you belong to the Armed Forces Community (and under which category), and would like this information adding to your medical record.